Covering the weeks of May 13th – 21st, 2021.
Welcome to our 58th development update for the FLIP Fluids liquid simulation addon for Blender! Recent work on the FLIP Fluids addon involved a few bug fixes and small feature improvements, and our 2020/2021 video covering the past year of development is now online! We have also started a new development project.
Development Video 2020 – 2021
May 1st, 2021 marked three years since our FLIP Fluids addon became available on the Blender Market. We couldn’t have created this simulator without you! Our yearly development video for 2020-2021 is now on our FLIP Fluids YouTube channel. Check it out to learn more about how to use some of the new features added over the last year of development:
New Development Project
We are now in the early stages of beginning a large new development project! It’s still too early to give exact details on the project other than that it is related to Blender, simulation, and benefits all users of the FLIP Fluids addon. It will take quite a bit of development time until we have some solid details for you, but we will keep you updated when we are ready.
In the early stages of this project, we will be splitting development time between this new project and regular development of the FLIP Fluids addon. Three days of the week will be devoted to this new project and the remaining two days will be spent of further maintenance and development of the FLIP Fluids addon.
As we are not ready to give solid details on the project yet, these development notes may become less frequent than our weekly schedule.
Experimental Version 18.104.22.168
Want to try out the latest fixes and improvements? They can be tested in our Experimental Builds Package in the latest version!
Release Notes v22.214.171.124 (25-MAY-2021)
- version 126.96.36.199 (May 25 2021)
- This version adds bug fixes and small feature.
- Reverted a bug fix in 188.8.131.52 (Issue where surface and whitewater materials would be removed when changing between scenes) that ended up causing large problems in material set up for the simulation mesh objects. A better fix without side-effects will need to be implemented.
- Added operator to FLIP Fluid Cache panel to set the cache location to a directory based on the name of the .blend file.
- Added +/- operators to the FLIP Fluid Cache panel to increment/decrement a number at the end of a cache directory, similar to the icons when saving a .blend file.
- Added support for all render output image file types when using the Helper > Generate Batch File operator.
- Bug Fix: fixed issue where Helper > Generate Batch File operator did not support image file prefixes in the render output location.
- Bug Fix: The cache directory can no longer be set to a location directly relative to the .blend file (ex: ‘//’).
- Bug Fix: Fixed issue where liquid could be spawned with triangle line artifacts for cuboid shaped Fluid objects in high resolution simulations.