Covering the week of January 4th – 8th, 2021.
Happy New Year! We’re back with our 43rd update for the FLIP Fluids liquid simulation addon for Blender! My last week of development mainly involved catching up on what I’ve missed over the Winter holiday break and finishing up some unfinished tasks. I’m now all caught up, my development schedule is back to normal, and I’m picking up on continuing working on our turbulence force field feature which I’ll post more about next week.
Three New Example Scenes
By popular request, we’ve cleaned up three scenes that we posted during our last Black Friday sale and they have now been added to the FLIP Fluids Example Scenes.[gfycat data_id="highlevelthunderoushadrosaurus"]
Compared to our other example scenes, these ones contain more complex simulation set ups, but we’ve included some detailed notes on what the simulation objects are doing, and why certain settings were chosen.
Force Field Experimental Version 184.108.40.206
This new experimental version update adds fixes to bugs reported since the stable release of FLIP Fluids 1.0.9.
Want to try out these fixes? They can be tested in our Force Field Experimental Builds Package in the latest version!
Release Notes v220.127.116.11
- This is the first experimental version since development has resumed after our winter holiday break! This update mainly involves adding minor bug fixes.
- Blender 2.92 Alpha support: as of January 5th, 2021, the daily Blender builds now support the FLIP Fluids addon. In earlier 2.92 builds, a Python feature that the addon uses was missing.
- The stable FLIP Fluids 1.0.9 is also now supported in Blender 2.92 Alpha.
- Support may break as Blender 2.92 develops and issues can be tracked here: Issue #507.
- Fixed bug where an incorrect frame was used in the simulation for the inflow/fluid object speed value if this value was keyframe animated.
- Integrated a workaround into the addon for a long-standing Blender bug T71908 which causes keyframed render settings on the fluid meshes not to be evaluated during render. This workaround fixes:
- Issues where keyframed settings in the FLIP Fluid Display Settings panel would not take effect during render.
- Issues where the FLIP Fluids Helper > Override Frame Playback feature would not function during render.
- Issues where an Ocean Modifier attached to the fluid meshes would not be animated during render.
- Added three new example scenes by popular request (Animation previews, Example Scene Descriptions).
- These scenes are also supported in the stable FLIP Fluids version 1.0.9.
- New Documentation: Addon Installation Troubleshooting.
- How to verify your FLIP Fluids installation file.
- How to locate your Blender addons directory.
- How to verify your FLIP Fluids Blender installation.
- How to clean up your Blender addons directory in the case of an incorrect installation.
- How to manually install the FLIP Fluids addon.