Covering the week of January 18th – 22nd, 2021.
It’s our 45th update for the FLIP Fluids liquid simulation addon for Blender! Just a brief update as there was not much progress during the last week. We had an unusually high burst of support requests to handle and I only had a chance to add a few small and minor bug fixes. All caught up with that and now this week we’re having an unusually low amount of support requests so far!
Next week we’ll be releasing a stable maintenance version update, FLIP Fluids 1.0.9a. Not a very exciting version update, but the bug and stability fixes since the last stable release of FLIP Fluids 1.0.9 (26-nov-2020) will be a nice improvement. Big thanks to everyone who had been helping us with bug reports and testing in the stable and experimental versions! You’ve caught a good amount of bugs that had slipped past our testing.
Force Field Experimental Version 22.214.171.124
This new experimental version update adds fixes to bugs reported since the stable release of FLIP Fluids 1.0.9.
Want to try out these fixes? They can be tested in our Force Field Experimental Builds Package in the latest version!
Release Notes v126.96.36.199
- This is a minor update that only includes small and stable changes. Assuming no large problems are found, this version will become a maintenance patch, FLIP Fluids 1.0.9a, that will contain most changes since the release of 1.0.9. Expected release of February 3, 2021.
- Bug Fix: Potential crash if a curve guided force field had endcaps disabled while enabling a minimum distance for the force field.
- Bug Fix: Issue where exporting an animated curve guided force field could trigger a ‘Changing Topology Warning’. Note: it is okay for all current force fields to change topology.
- Bug Fix: Issue where Remove Particles With Extreme Velocities could generate false-positives for a viscous fluid falling under regular gravity.
- Bug Fix: Issue where keyframed quaternion or axis-angle rotation was not supported (issue #515).
- Bug Fix: Issue where the baked debug tools (particle/obstacle/forcefield) would not be updated correctly if the simulation Time Scale value was set to 0.0.
- Bug Fix: Potential error messages caused by the addon detecting Blender 2.9x versions incorrectly.